Designed for professional Tradespeople it is ideal for a variety of cutting tasks making it the most versatile and useful tool you will ever own!
- Powerful 1250W motor
- Trigger switch
- Adjustable belt drive
- Ergonomic soft grip handle
- Tungsten Carbide teeth blades
The handheld saw features two forward-facing blades that move simultaneously in an elliptical motion, instead of the spinning circular blade that is at the business end of a traditional saw. The AS170 offers levels of accuracy and control that are unique for a masonry power tool. In fact, it’s the only power tool that can precisely cut deep, square corners, allowing contractors to remove single bricks with surgical precision without damaging the surrounding wall. In contrast, the AS170 performs a hammering and cutting action that lets it glide into brick or mortar cleanly and deeply, with precise stops and starts that make square cuts possible. The saw can cut directly into flush walls without stitch drilling, and it is the only small handheld saw that goes as deep as 120 mm when outfitted with the right blade.
Renovation, Restoration and RepairThe Arbortech AS170 Brick + Mortar Saw is an ideal tool for both trade professionals and DIY enthusiasts, as it covers a wide range of renovation, restoration and repair work:
- Housing repairs and re-pointing
- Extensions and additions
- Renovations and alterations
- Chimney repair & restoration
Some of the ideal applications for the AS170:
- Toothing brickwork for extensions.
- Fast removal of in-built objects such as anchors, wall plates, joists, trusses, frames, sills, beams, lintels, wall units and steps.
- Expansion joints and wall section replacement.
- Removal of in-built furniture, plumbing and vanities.
- Cutting of archways and windows.
Cutting depth/width120mm (43/4″)/6.5mm (1/4″), depending on blade
weight, with cutting blades4.3kg (9.5lb) Dimensions without blades450 mm (17 7/10″) L, 75 mm (3″) W, 240 mm (9 9/20″) H No load speed 5100 rpm Electrical rating, nominal230-240 VAC, 50Hz,
Dust extraction vacuum hose interfaceSuits vacuum hose with inner diameter of 25mm, 32mm, 37mm or outer hose diameter 32mm Belt tension1 mm (1/16″) maximum mid-span deflection with 25 N (2.5 kg) (5lb) deflection force Blade mount bolt torque 16 Nm (1.6 kg -m), (11.5ft-lb)
The AS170 offers extreme levels of precision, accuracy and control allowing the tool to be used for a wide range of applications from heritage masonry work to electrical installations.
- Brick Removal
- Repairing Brick Walls
- Lintel Repairs
- Cutting Cement Block
- Historical Restoration
- House Repairs & Repointing
- Toothing Brickwork
- Chimney Repairs
- Expansion Joints
- Installations of Vents, Registers etc.
- Electrical Outlets
What was before a time-consuming, dusty and inaccurate job can now be transformed into an easy, fast, virtually dust-free, precise and safe job with the Arbortech AS170, providing you with many important Benefits:
- Cut Square: The AS170 cuts square openings with no over cutting. Surrounding brickwork can remain untouched, no bolstering or stitch drilling is required and job completion times can be reduced.
- Cuts Deep: The AS170 is the only small handheld saw able to cut to a depth of 4 3/4″.
- Cuts Safe: The AS170 provides superior operator safety. The inherently safe cutting action prevents kickback and is easy to control.
- Plunge Cuts: Use the AS170 to cut directly into flush walls without stitch drilling.
- Cuts Dry / Low Dust: This unique cutting technology creates very little flydust protecting the operator and creating a cleaner work environment.
- High Visibility and Precision Cutting: The forward facing blades allow clear visibility when cutting making the AS170 the ideal tool whenever accuracy and precision is required.